this is my weekend morning baking staple. I prefer baking with almond flour than coconut flour because coconut flour tends to expand and they have a tendency to be quite gritty in my throat for some reason.
for those who has no access to almond flour, there are also other lower carb options such as tapioca or cassava flour, oatmeal (although this is frowned upon by keto-evangelist, but hey this is better than the wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup SHARP CHEDDAR -either shredded or cubed
- Preheat 410 degrees because my oven is weird- for some you can get away at 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, stir in almond flour + flax
- Add baking powder and cheese; set aside
- In a separate bowl, melt butter in low heat. Careful to not burn butter!
- When butter starts to melt halfway, turn off the stove and let the butter completely melt
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine
- Add egg and stir again to combine 3 ingredients
- Mix wet and to dry ingredients by gently folding in the batter
- Pour in silicone molds and throw in the oven
I wish I’ve bought silicone molds way back. I’ve been baking with silicone even before I got married but since coming here I had to put up with baking these stainless mess .
Anywayyyy yeah thanks to Marshalls I came across these $2 goodies and I loved it!