I tell you, baking a huge slab of pork belly – probably around 3 lbs is a bitch.
- Rice wine vinegar
- Coconut Aminos
- 3-4 lb pork belly
- 3 cups Rock or coarse salt
- 2 eggs
- Day 1- Or the night before: Soak meat in aminos and vinegar with skin down for 8 hours, leaving it in the fridge Purpose of this is to take out the bad smell and nasty taste of the pork skin.
- Day 2- Start in the morning because this fucking takes forever- or at least give yourself about 4 hours in the kitchen for this
- Preheat oven at 375
- Combine 3 cups of salt and egg, this will hold together the meat as it bakes.
- Place meat in foil and cover with salt + egg mixture at the top
- Bake for an hour
- Broil for another 15 mins until skin is crispy