I found this insanity somewhere in the YouTubesphere— search “taste avocado brownies” or “delish avocado brownies” or videos are poppin.
I’ve been an avocado lover most especially after moving in the US because Mexican Avocados is life and most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on compared to what I was used to in the tropics. They’re effin silky, flawless, creamy and I could go on and on.
I never ever thought baking with Avocados would be possible! But I gave it a shot with much skepticism.
Damn those vids were legit! They pack so much moisture it’s unreal- drizzle some sf choc syrup and you’re set to keto dessert heaven!
I used about 3 avocados for this recipe– I baked these in a glass dish and into small silicone muffin at the same time.
I want my cooking as easy as I clean hence I put them all in a non stick pan while combining. You can opt the blender out too–avocados can be easily mashed anyway.
- 3 med size avocado
- 2/3 cup erythritol (add more if you want)
- ½ c coconut oil –best imo, it complements the sweetness of the erythritol
- 4 eggs
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped cashews (higher carbs I know)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 325 deg f preheating- you know the drill
- In a non-stick pan, over very low heat combine the dry/ powdered ingredients
- Add coconut oil to emulsify cocoa
- In a blender (because I always find ways to make cleaning easy) blend avocados and eggs
- Mix em all together and dump in a silicone muffin and in a glass baking dish
- Bake for 12 mins and watch the magic happens
I Think, the best part was slicing it into small bites and not telling my husband what the actual ingredient was.
Quick tip: I think its in its most decadent when its in the fridge for over eight hours. This is why I baked em all last night, when its perfect the following morning.